Saturday, April 16, 2011

World War I novel

The novel I'm currently working on has just entered the editing phase. With the backdrop being World War I in October of 1917, it's main character is a brash, chatty American fighter pilot with a quippy sense of humor. Captain Thomas Bentley of the 94th Aero Squadron finds himself thrust into the the hunt for "the tube". The tube's contents implicate an end to the Allies', and possibly much of the rest of Earth's population's, life as they know it not just the Central Powers victory in The Great War.

The tube's custodian is a German of German's; one of their prized, rising officers. Will the German get to the French south coast first, and in time to delivery the tube? Or will Captain Bentley and his side's pursuers stop him and seize the German and his side's sercret plans for Allied devastation? It's quite a ride.

I'm not given to the current title: "The Air of Our Teens". The title has implications that you come to realize in the book. The Teens refers to the time period of World War I. I like it but I'm mulling some other possibilites.

Some aviation scenes occur in the novel as well though not a massive amount. You get a taste of the 'air up there' at that time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment